Wednesday, March 6, 2013

> Intro


I've decided that I'd like to have a place to write about the things that I like. I've tried blogging before, but all my attempts have typically been constrained to a single topic or genre. If I didn't feel like writing something about that, nothing would get done. The same problem would crop up if I couldn't think of a relative topic for the week. It's easy to see how this problem can discourage someone from keeping their writing up to date. Fortunately, the solution is so obvious it could've slapped me in the face: Add some variety, and mix up the topics. So here's a fresh attempt at putting what I love to keyboard. Every week I'll be bringing posts on a mix of topics that anyone with good taste should love. Hold on to your hats, seats, pants and idioms!


So who the hell am I? Okay, I suppose some introductions are in order. The name's Devin, but online I like to go by Piratechnics. I'm  a self-styled geek, with obsessive interests  in all the usual topics. The stuff I like to write about includes Pop Science, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Software, Hacking (Good, Evil, and all other brands of varying mileage), Music, Movies and Video Games. I'll try to devote a decent amount of time of each of these, and maybe an oddball topic thrown in. For the more technical topics, I'll try to give some background, but most of the time I'll be just learning as well. For all the rest, I'll likely be 50/50 describing the work and gushing over how awesome it all is. Would you expect any thing different from a Geeky Dude?

So that's that for introductions and indoctrination. As I've indicated, this insipiant internet communiqué has been instantiated to learn, teach and internalize the ins-and-outs of varying innovations, in order to increase intellects. Without further intricacies, it's fair to include that this blog is now initialized. Please check back for further input at another instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment